Four arrested in Dalit woman burning case
Muzaffarnagar: Four persons, who were accused of killing a Dalit woman by setting her afire in Tigai village last week, were arrested on Thursday, police said.
Zamir, Shamshad, Ali Hasan and Zakir were arrested for allegedly attacking Anju on October 21 when she was cutting trees from a jungle, police said.
Tension had gripped the village when Dalits blocked the Delhi-Dehra Dun national highway protesting the alleged murder of the woman, who succumbed to burn injuries on October 22.
Case of attempt to murder and Prevention of Atrocities Act (POA) had been registered against the four accused after the blockade.
However, according to police, Anju`s house caught fire in which she sustained burn injuries and succumbed in hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review