Four arrested in Dalit woman burning case
Muzaffarnagar: Four persons, who were accused of killing a Dalit woman by setting her afire in Tigai village last week, were arrested on Thursday, police said.
Zamir, Shamshad, Ali Hasan and Zakir were arrested for allegedly attacking Anju on October 21 when she was cutting trees from a jungle, police said.
Tension had gripped the village when Dalits blocked the Delhi-Dehra Dun national highway protesting the alleged murder of the woman, who succumbed to burn injuries on October 22.
Case of attempt to murder and Prevention of Atrocities Act (POA) had been registered against the four accused after the blockade.
However, according to police, Anju`s house caught fire in which she sustained burn injuries and succumbed in hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times