Four bogies of Barauni-Gwalior mail catch fire
Lucknow: Four bogies of Barauni-Gwalior mail caught fire late Tuesday evening when the train was stationed at Moth railway station near Jhansi, disrupting the train traffic on Jhansi-Kanpur route for about two hours.
The sleeper coach S-8 of the Gwalior-bound train caught fire at Moth station, around 320-kms from here, and soon it spread to three other bogies, PRO Jhansi Division Ravi Prakash said.
Three bogies were totally and one was partially damaged in the fire, he said.
No was injured in the incident, Prakash said.
The cause behind the fire was yet to be ascertained,he said adding, a probe has been ordered into the matter.
The passengers of the train were taken to Jhansi.
The four bogies were replaced and the journey was resumed after two hours, the official said.
Four fire brigades were reportedly pressed into service to douse the blaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’