Four bogies of Barauni-Gwalior mail catch fire
Lucknow: Four bogies of Barauni-Gwalior mail caught fire late Tuesday evening when the train was stationed at Moth railway station near Jhansi, disrupting the train traffic on Jhansi-Kanpur route for about two hours.
The sleeper coach S-8 of the Gwalior-bound train caught fire at Moth station, around 320-kms from here, and soon it spread to three other bogies, PRO Jhansi Division Ravi Prakash said.
Three bogies were totally and one was partially damaged in the fire, he said.
No was injured in the incident, Prakash said.
The cause behind the fire was yet to be ascertained,he said adding, a probe has been ordered into the matter.
The passengers of the train were taken to Jhansi.
The four bogies were replaced and the journey was resumed after two hours, the official said.
Four fire brigades were reportedly pressed into service to douse the blaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love