Four candidates barred from contesting Lok Sabha polls
Gonda: Four candidates who had contested the previous Lok Sabha polls from Gonda and Kaiserganj seats have been barred from contesting the elections for three years for violating Election Commission directives.
"The commission has barred these four candidates of 2009 elections from contesting for a period of three years for not submitting the details of their expenditure," District Magistrate and District Election Officer Ajay Kumar Upadhya said.
These candidates are Vidya Sagar (Apna Dal), Om Prakash (independent) of Gonda seat, Ram Prakash (RPI-A) and Raj Kishore Singh (independent) of Kaiserganj seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding