Four convicted for raping woman
Ghaziabad: A local court on Friday convicted and sentenced four persons to 10 years in prison for raping a woman two years ago.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 18,000 on the main accused while a penalty of Rs 10,000 was levied on each of the rest.
Gulfam Mohammad and Dilshad gave lift to the woman on August 12, 2011, and raped her. Later, they took her to Meerut where two more persons took turns to rape her, prosecution said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement