Four cops divest of charge over corruption allegations
Lakhimpur Kheri: Four policemen, including an Inspector and a Sub-Inspector, have been sent to the lines pending a departmental inquiry against them for allegedly accepting bribe from a lawyer here.
Inquiry into the allegations of the lawyer has been ordered, SP Amit Chandra said yesterday.
He added that the action was taken after Rupendra Pal Singh alleged that the four took bribe from him.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro