Four cops injured in clash with villagers
Lucknow: Four policemen were injured after a mob attacked them while arresting a criminal from Gosainganj area of Sultanpur district, officials said on Sunday.
The incident took place late last night when a police team reached the village to arrest one Bablu Nishad, who is wanted in several criminal cases.
A group of irate villagers protested against Nishad`s arrest and allegedly attacked the police team. They also blocked traffic on Ballia-Lucknow highway and damaged a roadways bus, police said.
The mob also purportedly pushed the District Magistrate`s vehicle into a drain.
Circle officer Ved Prakash Gupta and three policemen were injured in the melee, officials said, adding, an FIR has been registered in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Batla House encounter: BJP protests outside Sonia Gandhi's residence
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief
- Virat Kohli fails to breach 1000-run barrier but breaks Suresh Raina's IPL batting record
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose lived as KK Bhandari in 1960s?
- AIB's Tanmay Bhat blasted on Twitter for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar | WATCH his controversial video