Four cops suspended, booked for BSP activist`s custodial death
Muzaffarnagar: A BSP activist died allegedly in police custody in Saharanpur district, following which four policemen were suspended and booked under murder charges.
Luchman Singh (58), a BSP activist and former gram pradhan died in a police station at the Rampur Maniharan town in Saharanpur district on Saturday, police said.
Singh was taken into police custody in connection with an inquiry regarding the murder of his nephew, they said.
A murder case has been registered under various sections of IPC and Dalit Act against SHO Vegpal Singh, sub Inspector S K Tyagi, Constables Dharmendra and Gudheg, SSP Saharanpur D K Choudhary said, adding all the four accused have been suspended.
The accused were absconding after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened