Four cops suspended, booked for BSP activist`s custodial death
Muzaffarnagar: A BSP activist died allegedly in police custody in Saharanpur district, following which four policemen were suspended and booked under murder charges.
Luchman Singh (58), a BSP activist and former gram pradhan died in a police station at the Rampur Maniharan town in Saharanpur district on Saturday, police said.
Singh was taken into police custody in connection with an inquiry regarding the murder of his nephew, they said.
A murder case has been registered under various sections of IPC and Dalit Act against SHO Vegpal Singh, sub Inspector S K Tyagi, Constables Dharmendra and Gudheg, SSP Saharanpur D K Choudhary said, adding all the four accused have been suspended.
The accused were absconding after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal