Four cops suspended, booked for BSP activist`s custodial death
Muzaffarnagar: A BSP activist died allegedly in police custody in Saharanpur district, following which four policemen were suspended and booked under murder charges.
Luchman Singh (58), a BSP activist and former gram pradhan died in a police station at the Rampur Maniharan town in Saharanpur district on Saturday, police said.
Singh was taken into police custody in connection with an inquiry regarding the murder of his nephew, they said.
A murder case has been registered under various sections of IPC and Dalit Act against SHO Vegpal Singh, sub Inspector S K Tyagi, Constables Dharmendra and Gudheg, SSP Saharanpur D K Choudhary said, adding all the four accused have been suspended.
The accused were absconding after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'