Four cops suspended, booked for BSP activist`s custodial death
Muzaffarnagar: A BSP activist died allegedly in police custody in Saharanpur district, following which four policemen were suspended and booked under murder charges.
Luchman Singh (58), a BSP activist and former gram pradhan died in a police station at the Rampur Maniharan town in Saharanpur district on Saturday, police said.
Singh was taken into police custody in connection with an inquiry regarding the murder of his nephew, they said.
A murder case has been registered under various sections of IPC and Dalit Act against SHO Vegpal Singh, sub Inspector S K Tyagi, Constables Dharmendra and Gudheg, SSP Saharanpur D K Choudhary said, adding all the four accused have been suspended.
The accused were absconding after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi