Four cops suspended, booked for murder
Fatehpur: Four policemen were on Friday booked for murder and suspended for conniving with a girl`s family that torched the house of relatives of a youth, who had allegedly eloped with the girl. While one of the relatives died, two others were injured.
Raj Kumar, the father of the girl, and nine of his aides have been booked for torching the house of Lalta Prasad, 50, late Thursday. Raj Kumar alleged that Prasad, who died, gave shelter to the youth, Ashok, after he eloped with his daughter March 2.
"The criminal case under various sections, including murder, has been registered against 14 people in all. Of the 14, four are policemen. While the girl`s family has been charged with setting Lalta Prasad`s house afire, the policemen have been accused of doing nothing to save the victims," Superintendent of Police Ram Bharose told reporters in Fatehpur, some 150 km from state capital Lucknow.
"The ten people from the girl`s side who torched the house are absconding. Efforts are on to nab them," he added.
According to the police, Prasad`s wife and son who received burn injuries in the incident are out of danger and are being treated in a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof