Four drug peddlers held with Rs.2 cr worth smack
Lucknow: Four drug peddlers, including two women, were arrested with smack worth over Rs 2 crore in Uttar Pradesh`s Barabanki district, police said Thursday.
The four people, aged between 35-40 years, were nabbed Wednesday night with more than two kg of smack, a derivative of heroin, in Barabanki, some 35 km from Lucknow.
"Those arrested used to supply smack and other illegal drugs to Chhattisgarh, Bihar, West Bengal, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh," Superintendent of Police Navneet Rana told reporters in Barabanki Thursday.
"All those arrested are native of Barabanki. They have confessed that they have been supplying the drugs in various states for the last four-five years," he added.
All the four have been booked under multiple sections of the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble