Four drug peddlers held with Rs.2 cr worth smack
Lucknow: Four drug peddlers, including two women, were arrested with smack worth over Rs 2 crore in Uttar Pradesh`s Barabanki district, police said Thursday.
The four people, aged between 35-40 years, were nabbed Wednesday night with more than two kg of smack, a derivative of heroin, in Barabanki, some 35 km from Lucknow.
"Those arrested used to supply smack and other illegal drugs to Chhattisgarh, Bihar, West Bengal, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh," Superintendent of Police Navneet Rana told reporters in Barabanki Thursday.
"All those arrested are native of Barabanki. They have confessed that they have been supplying the drugs in various states for the last four-five years," he added.
All the four have been booked under multiple sections of the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'