Four drug peddlers held with Rs.2 cr worth smack
Lucknow: Four drug peddlers, including two women, were arrested with smack worth over Rs 2 crore in Uttar Pradesh`s Barabanki district, police said Thursday.
The four people, aged between 35-40 years, were nabbed Wednesday night with more than two kg of smack, a derivative of heroin, in Barabanki, some 35 km from Lucknow.
"Those arrested used to supply smack and other illegal drugs to Chhattisgarh, Bihar, West Bengal, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh," Superintendent of Police Navneet Rana told reporters in Barabanki Thursday.
"All those arrested are native of Barabanki. They have confessed that they have been supplying the drugs in various states for the last four-five years," he added.
All the four have been booked under multiple sections of the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried