Four get life imprisonment in Bihar
Darbhanga: A court here Thursday sentenced four persons to life imprisonment in connection with a murder for dowry in Bihar`s Darbhanga district in 2006.
Additional District and Sessions judge Jitendra Kumar found the four guilty of burning Sanju Devi alive by spraying kerosene when her parents failed to meet their dowry demand at
village Bhatpura under Manigachchi police station in the district on February 15, 2006.
The convicts were Arjun Mishra, Kusheshwar Mishra, Kaxmi Devi and Surya Narayan Mishra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon