Four get life imprisonment in Bihar
Darbhanga: A court here Thursday sentenced four persons to life imprisonment in connection with a murder for dowry in Bihar`s Darbhanga district in 2006.
Additional District and Sessions judge Jitendra Kumar found the four guilty of burning Sanju Devi alive by spraying kerosene when her parents failed to meet their dowry demand at
village Bhatpura under Manigachchi police station in the district on February 15, 2006.
The convicts were Arjun Mishra, Kusheshwar Mishra, Kaxmi Devi and Surya Narayan Mishra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened