Four held for abducting UP Jal Nigam executive engineer
Rampur: Four persons, including two constables of Delhi Police crime Branch, were arrested in Milak area on Wednesday for allegedly abducting an executive engineer of Uttar Pradesh Jal Nigam, police said.
Sushil Kumar, the executive engineer, was kidnapped yesterday in Bijnore district by a gang of four kidnappers, who had approached him posing as CBI sleuths, SP Kriti Inder Singh said.
Later, acting on a tip-off, the police nabbed the kidnappers on NH-24 and rescued Kumar from their clutches.
The accused has been identified as Ajit Singh and Mukesh Yadav, both constables of Delhi Police Crime Branch, and Harinder Yadav and Baldev Singh, both hailing from Rajasthan, Singh said.
Further probes are on into the case, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?