Four held for abducting UP Jal Nigam executive engineer
Rampur: Four persons, including two constables of Delhi Police crime Branch, were arrested in Milak area on Wednesday for allegedly abducting an executive engineer of Uttar Pradesh Jal Nigam, police said.
Sushil Kumar, the executive engineer, was kidnapped yesterday in Bijnore district by a gang of four kidnappers, who had approached him posing as CBI sleuths, SP Kriti Inder Singh said.
Later, acting on a tip-off, the police nabbed the kidnappers on NH-24 and rescued Kumar from their clutches.
The accused has been identified as Ajit Singh and Mukesh Yadav, both constables of Delhi Police Crime Branch, and Harinder Yadav and Baldev Singh, both hailing from Rajasthan, Singh said.
Further probes are on into the case, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof