Four held for abducting UP Jal Nigam executive engineer
Rampur: Four persons, including two constables of Delhi Police crime Branch, were arrested in Milak area on Wednesday for allegedly abducting an executive engineer of Uttar Pradesh Jal Nigam, police said.
Sushil Kumar, the executive engineer, was kidnapped yesterday in Bijnore district by a gang of four kidnappers, who had approached him posing as CBI sleuths, SP Kriti Inder Singh said.
Later, acting on a tip-off, the police nabbed the kidnappers on NH-24 and rescued Kumar from their clutches.
The accused has been identified as Ajit Singh and Mukesh Yadav, both constables of Delhi Police Crime Branch, and Harinder Yadav and Baldev Singh, both hailing from Rajasthan, Singh said.
Further probes are on into the case, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?