Four held with brown sugar worth Rs 84 lakh
Lucknow: Brown sugar worth Rs 84 lakh in the international market were seized and four persons were arrested in this connection from Barabanki district, police said here on Sunday.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team arrested Vishal Singh, Ravi Shankar, Abhishek Shukla and Ashok Singh yesterday from Palhari overbridge with 840 gm of brown sugar, they said.
Further probes are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him