Four held with brown sugar worth Rs 84 lakh
Lucknow: Brown sugar worth Rs 84 lakh in the international market were seized and four persons were arrested in this connection from Barabanki district, police said here on Sunday.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team arrested Vishal Singh, Ravi Shankar, Abhishek Shukla and Ashok Singh yesterday from Palhari overbridge with 840 gm of brown sugar, they said.
Further probes are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees