Four held with brown sugar worth Rs 84 lakh
Lucknow: Brown sugar worth Rs 84 lakh in the international market were seized and four persons were arrested in this connection from Barabanki district, police said here on Sunday.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team arrested Vishal Singh, Ravi Shankar, Abhishek Shukla and Ashok Singh yesterday from Palhari overbridge with 840 gm of brown sugar, they said.
Further probes are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'