Four-hour curfew relaxation announced in Bareilly
bareilly: The district administration here has decided to relax curfew for four hours on Monday in the five police station areas which are under the restriction for the last 72 hours.
Curfew will be relaxed from 10 am to 2pm, however, schools will remain closed till furthers, IG Bhanoo Pratap Singh and Commissioner Majid Ali told a press conference here.
The restriction was imposed in the city on March 2 in the wake of communal clashes over a religious procession and has not been relaxed in five of the six police station areas including Prem Nagar, Subhash Nagar, Kotwali, Baradari and Qila.
Earlier in the day, the riot-torn city was made out of bounds to a BJP team led by MP Maneka Gandhi by the state authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends