Four-hour curfew relaxation announced in Bareilly
bareilly: The district administration here has decided to relax curfew for four hours on Monday in the five police station areas which are under the restriction for the last 72 hours.
Curfew will be relaxed from 10 am to 2pm, however, schools will remain closed till furthers, IG Bhanoo Pratap Singh and Commissioner Majid Ali told a press conference here.
The restriction was imposed in the city on March 2 in the wake of communal clashes over a religious procession and has not been relaxed in five of the six police station areas including Prem Nagar, Subhash Nagar, Kotwali, Baradari and Qila.
Earlier in the day, the riot-torn city was made out of bounds to a BJP team led by MP Maneka Gandhi by the state authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH