Four injured in clash in Uttar Pradesh
Etah: Four persons, including a police officer, were injured on Sunday after a police team was attacked by villagers during its raid in Raja ka Rampur area here in search of an accused.
The raid was made in Paharia village to arrest one Bilakhram, who is accused of duping a person on pretext of providing job, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Radhey Shyam said.
The villagers attacked the police team and Station Officer Shrinivas Yadav was injured in the clash, he said.
Surrounded by the villagers the police team in opened fire in which Ajab Singh, Ishwar Singh and Munna were injured, the police official said.
All three were referred to Agra for treatment.
The ASP said that an FIR has been lodged against 50 people, including the accused.
Police and PAC were deployed in the village as precautionary measure, he said.
No FIR has been lodged by the villagers in this regard so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane