Four injured in clash in Uttar Pradesh
Etah: Four persons, including a police officer, were injured on Sunday after a police team was attacked by villagers during its raid in Raja ka Rampur area here in search of an accused.
The raid was made in Paharia village to arrest one Bilakhram, who is accused of duping a person on pretext of providing job, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Radhey Shyam said.
The villagers attacked the police team and Station Officer Shrinivas Yadav was injured in the clash, he said.
Surrounded by the villagers the police team in opened fire in which Ajab Singh, Ishwar Singh and Munna were injured, the police official said.
All three were referred to Agra for treatment.
The ASP said that an FIR has been lodged against 50 people, including the accused.
Police and PAC were deployed in the village as precautionary measure, he said.
No FIR has been lodged by the villagers in this regard so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Singapore's Deputy PM calls on Narendra Modi
- AIMIM to move to SC against Bombay HC verdict on allowing women entry to Haji Ali
- Cuteness alert! Meet Deepak Tijori's adorable daughter Samara Tijori – View pics
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants