Four injured in UP garbage dump blast
Lucknow: Four people were injured in a blast at a garbage dump in Uttar Pradesh Saturday, police said.
The explosion occurred in Bashriganj town in Bahraich district, about 135 km from here.
The blast happened after a municipal corporation truck arrived to pick up the garbage and "something" came under its wheels, Iqbal Singh, circle officer of Risia Bazar, told IANS.
Four people sitting in a nearby tea stall were injured, he said. Forensic teams have been rushed to the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon