Four killed, 10 injured as trucks collide in UP
Lucknow: At least four labourers were killed and 10 critically injured in a head-on collision between two speeding trucks in Uttar Pradesh`s Aligarh district early Tuesday, police said.
The accident took place in Gabhana area where the two trucks carrying labourers collided, killing four people on the spot. While one truck was heading towards Meerut from Allahabad, the other was going to Allahabad from Delhi.
"All those killed or injured are labourers. Of the 10 injured, the condition of five is stated to be serious. All the injured are being treated at the district hospital," Superintendent of Police (City) Maan Singh Chauhan told reporters in Aligarh, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"It appears the trucks collided due to poor visibility as there was a thick covering of fog all around the accident site," he added.
According to police, the two trucks were laden with iron bars, stones and other construction material.
The driver of the two trucks managed to escape. Police said efforts are on to nab them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai