Four killed, 10 injured as trucks collide in UP
Lucknow: At least four labourers were killed and 10 critically injured in a head-on collision between two speeding trucks in Uttar Pradesh`s Aligarh district early Tuesday, police said.
The accident took place in Gabhana area where the two trucks carrying labourers collided, killing four people on the spot. While one truck was heading towards Meerut from Allahabad, the other was going to Allahabad from Delhi.
"All those killed or injured are labourers. Of the 10 injured, the condition of five is stated to be serious. All the injured are being treated at the district hospital," Superintendent of Police (City) Maan Singh Chauhan told reporters in Aligarh, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"It appears the trucks collided due to poor visibility as there was a thick covering of fog all around the accident site," he added.
According to police, the two trucks were laden with iron bars, stones and other construction material.
The driver of the two trucks managed to escape. Police said efforts are on to nab them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations