Four killed, 10 injured as trucks collide in UP
Lucknow: At least four labourers were killed and 10 critically injured in a head-on collision between two speeding trucks in Uttar Pradesh`s Aligarh district early Tuesday, police said.
The accident took place in Gabhana area where the two trucks carrying labourers collided, killing four people on the spot. While one truck was heading towards Meerut from Allahabad, the other was going to Allahabad from Delhi.
"All those killed or injured are labourers. Of the 10 injured, the condition of five is stated to be serious. All the injured are being treated at the district hospital," Superintendent of Police (City) Maan Singh Chauhan told reporters in Aligarh, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"It appears the trucks collided due to poor visibility as there was a thick covering of fog all around the accident site," he added.
According to police, the two trucks were laden with iron bars, stones and other construction material.
The driver of the two trucks managed to escape. Police said efforts are on to nab them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire