Four killed, 35 injured in road mishap in UP
Bijnore: Four persons were killed and 35 others injured in a head-on collision between a truck and a tractor-trolley on Bijnore-Haldaur highway, police said Friday.
About 50 people, belonging to Akhlaspur village under Haldaur area, were returning home in the tractor-trolley after attending cremation of a local when they met with the accident last night, they said.
The collision was so fierce that the tractor got separated from the trolley and fell on one side and the trolley was run over by the truck, police said.
About a dozen of the injured were in critical condition, they said, adding that the driver of the truck fled the scene after the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city