Four killed as ambulance catches fire after overturning
Lucknow: Four persons, including two women were killed and another injured when an ambulance overturned before catching fire in Banthara area near here, police said on Sunday.
The mishap took place yesterday when the driver lost control over the ill-fated vehicle and it turned turtle. Later, it caught fire, leading to the death of four of its occupants, they said.
The deceased have been identified as patient Soni (31), her husband Pradeep Kumar (38), sister Moni (25) and driver Nasir Ali (25).
Meanwhile, Ashwani, who also sustained serious injuries in the incident, was admitted to hospital, where his condition was stated to be critical, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh