Four killed as jeep rams into stationary truck
Allahabad: Four persons, including two
women, were killed and several others critically injured
today when the jeep in which they were travelling rammed into
a stationary truck on a highway near here, police said.
The incident took place at Handia, around 35 kms from the
city, on the busy Grand Trunk Road, where the jeep carrying 14
passengers hit the truck from behind, killing four people on
the spot, police said.
All the passengers were residents of Handia tehsil,
falling under Allahabad district. They had hired the jeep to
visit "Kade Dham", a popular shrine located in the adjoining
district of Kaushambi, some 75 kms from the site of the
mishap, police added.
Prima facie, the accident appeared to have occurred after
the driver suddenly lost control over the over-loaded vehicle,
Eleven people, including the driver of the jeep, have
been admitted to a hospital in a critical condition, police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister