Four killed as jeep rams into stationary truck
Allahabad: Four persons, including two
women, were killed and several others critically injured
today when the jeep in which they were travelling rammed into
a stationary truck on a highway near here, police said.
The incident took place at Handia, around 35 kms from the
city, on the busy Grand Trunk Road, where the jeep carrying 14
passengers hit the truck from behind, killing four people on
the spot, police said.
All the passengers were residents of Handia tehsil,
falling under Allahabad district. They had hired the jeep to
visit "Kade Dham", a popular shrine located in the adjoining
district of Kaushambi, some 75 kms from the site of the
mishap, police added.
Prima facie, the accident appeared to have occurred after
the driver suddenly lost control over the over-loaded vehicle,
Eleven people, including the driver of the jeep, have
been admitted to a hospital in a critical condition, police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY