Four killed in UP road accident
Lucknow: Four people were killed and seven injured when the van they were travelling in was hit by a speeding truck in Uttar Pradesh`s Rae Bareli town, police said Friday.
The accident took place late Thursday in Bachhrawan town of the district when the group was returning from Vindhyachal, a pilgrimage town in Mirzapur district, around 285 km from here.
The dead have been identified as Mohan Lal (52), a railway employee, Kanchan Lata (50), Brijesh Kumar (36) and driver Karan (32), a police official said.
Of the seven injured, the condition of four is critical, he said.
Police said the truck driver fled after the accident and efforts were on to arrest him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- DoT to issue demand notices this week to 6 telcos for 2006-07
- Not Virat Kohli but Joe Root is the best batsman in cricket: Muhammad Yousuf
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert
- Cleanliness an issue at railway stations, needs to be addressed: CAG
- Bhagwant Mann video exposed whole security system of Parliament, finds Lok Sabha probe panel