Four killed in UP road accident
Lucknow: Four people were killed and seven injured when the van they were travelling in was hit by a speeding truck in Uttar Pradesh`s Rae Bareli town, police said Friday.
The accident took place late Thursday in Bachhrawan town of the district when the group was returning from Vindhyachal, a pilgrimage town in Mirzapur district, around 285 km from here.
The dead have been identified as Mohan Lal (52), a railway employee, Kanchan Lata (50), Brijesh Kumar (36) and driver Karan (32), a police official said.
Of the seven injured, the condition of four is critical, he said.
Police said the truck driver fled after the accident and efforts were on to arrest him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged