Four killed in UP road accident
Lucknow: Four people were killed and seven injured when the van they were travelling in was hit by a speeding truck in Uttar Pradesh`s Rae Bareli town, police said Friday.
The accident took place late Thursday in Bachhrawan town of the district when the group was returning from Vindhyachal, a pilgrimage town in Mirzapur district, around 285 km from here.
The dead have been identified as Mohan Lal (52), a railway employee, Kanchan Lata (50), Brijesh Kumar (36) and driver Karan (32), a police official said.
Of the seven injured, the condition of four is critical, he said.
Police said the truck driver fled after the accident and efforts were on to arrest him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state