Four killed in UP road accident
Lucknow: Four people were killed and seven injured when the van they were travelling in was hit by a speeding truck in Uttar Pradesh`s Rae Bareli town, police said Friday.
The accident took place late Thursday in Bachhrawan town of the district when the group was returning from Vindhyachal, a pilgrimage town in Mirzapur district, around 285 km from here.
The dead have been identified as Mohan Lal (52), a railway employee, Kanchan Lata (50), Brijesh Kumar (36) and driver Karan (32), a police official said.
Of the seven injured, the condition of four is critical, he said.
Police said the truck driver fled after the accident and efforts were on to arrest him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today