Four more children succumb to encephalitis in east UP
Gorakhpur: Four more children succumbed to encephalitis taking the death toll from the viral disease to 573 this year in eastern region of Uttar Pradesh, health officials said Thursday.
The children died in Baba Raghav Das Medical College Hospital here, they said.
Thirteen people with symptoms of Acute Encephalitis Syndrome were admitted to BRD-MCH and other district hospitals in the last 24 hours, they said.
With these deaths, the number of deaths in eastern UP from the disease since this year rose to 573, the officials said.
Since January this year, 2750 encephalitis patients, of whom 573 succumbed to Acute Encephalitis Syndrome, were admitted to different government hospitals, the officials said.
Around 219 patients are still being treated at these hospitals, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net
- US snubs Pakistan, says India's entry to nuclear club is not about arms