Four more children succumb to encephalitis in east UP
Gorakhpur: Four more children succumbed to encephalitis taking the death toll from the viral disease to 573 this year in eastern region of Uttar Pradesh, health officials said Thursday.
The children died in Baba Raghav Das Medical College Hospital here, they said.
Thirteen people with symptoms of Acute Encephalitis Syndrome were admitted to BRD-MCH and other district hospitals in the last 24 hours, they said.
With these deaths, the number of deaths in eastern UP from the disease since this year rose to 573, the officials said.
Since January this year, 2750 encephalitis patients, of whom 573 succumbed to Acute Encephalitis Syndrome, were admitted to different government hospitals, the officials said.
Around 219 patients are still being treated at these hospitals, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman