Four more children succumb to encephalitis in east UP
Gorakhpur: Four more children succumbed to encephalitis taking the death toll from the viral disease to 573 this year in eastern region of Uttar Pradesh, health officials said Thursday.
The children died in Baba Raghav Das Medical College Hospital here, they said.
Thirteen people with symptoms of Acute Encephalitis Syndrome were admitted to BRD-MCH and other district hospitals in the last 24 hours, they said.
With these deaths, the number of deaths in eastern UP from the disease since this year rose to 573, the officials said.
Since January this year, 2750 encephalitis patients, of whom 573 succumbed to Acute Encephalitis Syndrome, were admitted to different government hospitals, the officials said.
Around 219 patients are still being treated at these hospitals, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly