Four more children succumb to encephalitis in east UP
Gorakhpur: Four more children succumbed to encephalitis taking the death toll from the viral disease to 573 this year in eastern region of Uttar Pradesh, health officials said Thursday.
The children died in Baba Raghav Das Medical College Hospital here, they said.
Thirteen people with symptoms of Acute Encephalitis Syndrome were admitted to BRD-MCH and other district hospitals in the last 24 hours, they said.
With these deaths, the number of deaths in eastern UP from the disease since this year rose to 573, the officials said.
Since January this year, 2750 encephalitis patients, of whom 573 succumbed to Acute Encephalitis Syndrome, were admitted to different government hospitals, the officials said.
Around 219 patients are still being treated at these hospitals, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- SHOCKING! Heads of Moroccan Islamist movement caught having sex on the beach
- Saturn's moon Dione reveals its contrasting features to NASA's Cassini! - See pic
- Divine coincidence! After 5000 years, this 'shubh muhurat' occurs again on Krishna Janmashtami this year—FIND OUT
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Kashmir on Wednesday
- No water for OP Jaisha: Here's what Virat Kohli's former coach Rajkumar Sharma has to say about it