Four new hydropower projects for Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Four hydropower projects with a combined capacity of 3,400 KW will be set up in Uttar Pradesh in three years, the state government has said.
An empowered committee headed by Infrastructure & Industrial Development Commissioner Anil K Gupta on Wednesday approved the successful bidders for setting up the new small hydropower projects (SHPs).
The projects will be constructed through the public-private partnership mode.
The SHPs will be in Kutubpur (550 KW) and Dhakauli (300 KW) in Meerut, Betwa-1 (1800 KW) in Jhansi and Akbarpur (750 KW) in Bulandshahar.
AMR Power has won the bid for the Akbarpur and Kutubpur SHPs and Oasis Contractors & Consultants for the Betwa-1 and Dhakauli SHPs.
"The government is keen to augment power availability from all resources available, including hydropower," said Anil K Gupta.
The Energy Task Force and state cabinet will give the final nod to the projects.
Then, the lowest tariffs quoted will be referred to the Uttar Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission for adoption and permission to issue Letters of Intent to the project developers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH