Four police officials suspended in UP
Raebareli (UP): A police outpost incharge and three constables were suspended today for allegedly beating a truck driver here, police said on Monday.
The accused have been identified as Incharge of Gengaso police outpost, Mahendra Pratap Singh, constables Awadhesh Singh, Mahendra Singh and Kamlesh Patel, Superintendent of Police N Kolanchi said.
They were suspended after the visuals of them beating a truck driver were aired on few local news channels on Aug 8.
The SP has sought a report about the incident from Station officer, Sareni, who prima facie held them guilty of beating the driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory