Four police stations of Kunda circle get fresh staff
Lucknow: After removing the entire staff of the four police stations of Kunda sub-division in Pratapgarh district on CBI request, Uttar Pradesh police today posted new staff there.
"Fresh staff of constables, head constables and SHOs have been posted by DIG, Allahabad range in all four police stations of Kunda circle," IG Law and Order R K Vishwakarma told reporters here.
CBI, probing the murder of DSP Zia-ul-Haque, Balipur village head Nanhe Yadav and his brother Suresh Yadav in Kunda on Mar 2, had shot off a letter to UP government requesting removal of the officials of the four police stations.
All the staff at four police stations, including station house officers, of Hathigava, Kunda, Nawabganj and Maheshganj were removed yesterday by IG, Allahabad.
In the letter dated March 25 written by Joint Director (SEZ CBI headquarters, New Delhi) R S Bhati stated that "as per the inputs the police officers of Kunda sub-division were close to influential people and could affect the progress of investigations".
Haque`s widow Parveen Azad had accused the then UP minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh of being the key conspirator in the murder of her husband, following which he had resigned from the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details