Four police stations of Kunda circle get fresh staff
Lucknow: After removing the entire staff of the four police stations of Kunda sub-division in Pratapgarh district on CBI request, Uttar Pradesh police today posted new staff there.
"Fresh staff of constables, head constables and SHOs have been posted by DIG, Allahabad range in all four police stations of Kunda circle," IG Law and Order R K Vishwakarma told reporters here.
CBI, probing the murder of DSP Zia-ul-Haque, Balipur village head Nanhe Yadav and his brother Suresh Yadav in Kunda on Mar 2, had shot off a letter to UP government requesting removal of the officials of the four police stations.
All the staff at four police stations, including station house officers, of Hathigava, Kunda, Nawabganj and Maheshganj were removed yesterday by IG, Allahabad.
In the letter dated March 25 written by Joint Director (SEZ CBI headquarters, New Delhi) R S Bhati stated that "as per the inputs the police officers of Kunda sub-division were close to influential people and could affect the progress of investigations".
Haque`s widow Parveen Azad had accused the then UP minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh of being the key conspirator in the murder of her husband, following which he had resigned from the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed