Four policemen injured in attack by villagers
Etawah: Four policemen were on Wednesday injured and their jeep damaged when residents of a village indulged in brick-batting after they arrived there to probe a
A police team comprising a sub-Inspector and three
constables had gone to Banamai village in Bharthana area in
connection with a case when the villagers indulged in
brick-batting, a police official said.
On March 22, Dilip (22) and Bhuri Devi (18) of the same
village had eloped and later approached a local court fearing
attack on them by their relatives.
The court directed the villagers to allow them to live
together but yesterday the girl`s family pressurised the boy`s
relatives to tell them about the couple`s whereabouts.
Following the development, the youth`s side informed the
police and the team went to the village to probe into the
matter, the official said.
Alleging that police took money from the boy`s family,
the girl`s family attacked the team.
A case has been lodged against members of the girl`s
family, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof