Four policemen injured in attack by villagers
Etawah: Four policemen were on Wednesday injured and their jeep damaged when residents of a village indulged in brick-batting after they arrived there to probe a
A police team comprising a sub-Inspector and three
constables had gone to Banamai village in Bharthana area in
connection with a case when the villagers indulged in
brick-batting, a police official said.
On March 22, Dilip (22) and Bhuri Devi (18) of the same
village had eloped and later approached a local court fearing
attack on them by their relatives.
The court directed the villagers to allow them to live
together but yesterday the girl`s family pressurised the boy`s
relatives to tell them about the couple`s whereabouts.
Following the development, the youth`s side informed the
police and the team went to the village to probe into the
matter, the official said.
Alleging that police took money from the boy`s family,
the girl`s family attacked the team.
A case has been lodged against members of the girl`s
family, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends