Four policemen injured in attack by villagers
Etawah: Four policemen were on Wednesday injured and their jeep damaged when residents of a village indulged in brick-batting after they arrived there to probe a
A police team comprising a sub-Inspector and three
constables had gone to Banamai village in Bharthana area in
connection with a case when the villagers indulged in
brick-batting, a police official said.
On March 22, Dilip (22) and Bhuri Devi (18) of the same
village had eloped and later approached a local court fearing
attack on them by their relatives.
The court directed the villagers to allow them to live
together but yesterday the girl`s family pressurised the boy`s
relatives to tell them about the couple`s whereabouts.
Following the development, the youth`s side informed the
police and the team went to the village to probe into the
matter, the official said.
Alleging that police took money from the boy`s family,
the girl`s family attacked the team.
A case has been lodged against members of the girl`s
family, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!