Four primary teachers in UP turn out to be impostors; HC orders FIR
Allahabad: Alarmed by the discovery that at least four women had been appointed as teachers in various districts of Uttar Pradesh using the same name and set of certificates, Allahabad High Court has ordered filing of a case and asked the Crime Branch of CID to probe the case.
Noting that "fraudulent appointments" of as many as four women in the name of "Poonam Pandey" was a "scam" by the Department of Basic Education, Justice Vikram Nath ordered on March 12 that the CB CID shall submit its report of the investigation on March 20.
"It is a case of clear-cut fraud, cheating, manipulation and misrepresentation", the court remarked, adding "it not only involves offence committed by four women but by their relatives and the officials of Basic Education Department and its allied Directorate".
"Considering the fact that all the women imposing as Poonam Pandey are married, they would not be arrested till conclusion of the investigation on the condition that they will extend full cooperation to the investigation agency," the court said.
However, the court made it clear "in case investigating agency finds that there is any hindrance or non-cooperation by the women or their relatives, it would be open to the agency to apply before this court for withdrawing this order of stay of their arrest".
The irregularities came to light in course of hearing on a petition filed by one of the women employed in the name of "Poonam Pandey" who turned out to be Poonam Mishra, a resident of Siddharthnagar district.
On February 6, 2013, the court had directed the then Circle Officer of Bansi in Siddharthnagar to probe the matter and submit a report.
The Circle Officer`s report disclosed that "using one set of certificates of a genuine teacher, other women alleging themselves to be the same person have obtained appointments in different institutions in different districts" and that "there could be several other similar fraudulent appointments".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened