Four sentenced to life for murder in UP
Ballia (UP): Four persons were sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here in a nearly 16-year-old murder case.
Additional District Judge Kishore Kumar held Veer Bahadur, Rajaram, Babban and Brij Koshore guilty yesterday and also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 each on them.
The four had attacked villagers Bhola Singh, Chandrashekhar, Chandrabhan and Ramdev in March 1996 over an old rivalry in Harpur village.
One of the victim Bhola later succumbed to injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family