Four-time BJP MLA Guar protests denial of ticket
Allahabad: A four-time BJP MLA has raised a
banner of revolt against the party for being denied a ticket
from the assembly constituency he once represented.
Narendra Kumar Singh Gaur who has won four elections from
Allahabad (North) has said instead of him, the ticket was
given to a candidate "known for blatant use of money and
muscle power" and enjoying "backing of some very honourable
"I am shocked that the party has ignored my claim for a
ticket from Allahabad North, which I have represented four
times on the trot, and chosen a person known for blatant use
of money and muscle power," he said.
Gaur, who had won from Allahabad (North) in all the state
assembly polls since 1991 but had lost in the last one held in
2007, was upset over the fact that the party has fielded
strongman Uday Bhan Karwaria from the seat.
Karwaria, a two-time MLA from Bara seat in the district`s
trans-Yamuna region and sandmine contractor known for alleged
use of muscle power both in business and politics, was chosen
from the elite city constituency as Bara had been declared as
reserved following the latest delimitation.
Gaur, who was the minister for higher education when the
BJP was in power in the state, claimed that Karwaria enjoyed
the "backing of some very honourable leaders" and hence he was
chosen from "the predominantly urban seat comprising educated
electorate which would naturally feel uncomfortable with a
candidate with this type of background".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why