Four women killed after being hit by train
Lucknow: Four women, including three sisters, were Thursday crushed to death and two critically injured after being knocked down by an express train at a railway crossing near Garhmukteshwar in Uttar Pradesh where they had gone to observe Kartik Purnima.
Sonia (15), Neelam (22) and Suman (28) died along with their relative Gunjan (24) after being hit by the Faizabad-Delhi Express while crossing the tracks near the Garhmukteshwar railway station in Panchsheel Nagar district.
"The accident victims are natives of Delhi. At the time of the accident, they were returning after participating in a ritual to observe Kartik Purnima," government railway police (GRP) inspector Satish Kumar told reporters in Panchsheel Nagar, about 450 km from here.
"The two injured are being treated at a hospital where their condition is stated to be serious," he added.
Kartik Purnima sees thousands of people take a dip in the Ganges and other rivers to worship Lord Shiva.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Cong accuses PM Modi of doctoring birth details, education info; threatens to expose facts
- North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un bans all weddings, funerals ahead of party congress: Report
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court