Fourteen engineering students booked for forgery in Kanpur
Kanpur: A government-run engineering and
technology college here today lodged FIR under various
sections of IPC against 14 students on charges of forgery.
With this, the number of students of Harcourt Butler
Technological Institute (HBTI) booked so far has reached 40.
The HBTI, which had on October 15, 2010, lodged an FIR
against 26 students for submitting fake documents to get
admission, has also recommended Gautam Buddha University, a
nodal body in conducting engineering entrance examinations in
Uttar Pradesh, to cancel registration of the accused students.
HBTI Registrar Naresh Kumar said that the
administration `detected` discrepancies in documents submitted
by as many as 56 students admitted in the first year of
engineering in the year 2010.
The HBTI gave `clean chit` to 12 out of 56 students
during an internal probe, while it has so far registered an
FIR under sections 420 (cheating and dishonestly), 427
(mischief causing damage to the amount of fifty rupees and
upwards), 468 and 471 (forgery for purpose of cheating) of IPC,
against 26 students whose documents were found to be "fake",
A Special Investigation Team (SIS) of local police
will conduct a probe into the FIR filed against 26 students on
October 15, 2010, while a formal request is being made to
bring the 14 students booked today under the ambit of the SIS,
We want to know whether any organised syndicate has
been working behind the instances of forgery, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!