Fourth accused in Banda rape case surrenders
Banda: The fourth absconding accused in the dalit girl rape case, in which BSP MLA Purshottam Naresh Dwiwedi and his two aides have been arrested, on Tuesday surrendered in a local court here.
Ravan Garg surrendered before Chief Judicial Magistrate Tripta Chaudhary who remanded him to judicial custody for 14 days, officials said here.
The three other accused -- BSP MLA Dwiwedi and his accomplices Rajendra Shukla and Surendra Neta -- were arrested last week and are in judicial custody.
All the four accused were indicted by the CB-CID in its report submitted with the government after which an FIR was lodged against them and orders were issued for their arrest.
The 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by the MLA and molested by his accomplices on December 10 and 12 last year.
She was later arrested on charges of theft by police and sent to jail.
However, the CB-CID in its report said that theft charges against her were not true after which she was released from the jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31