Fourth accused in Banda rape case surrenders
Banda: The fourth absconding accused in the dalit girl rape case, in which BSP MLA Purshottam Naresh Dwiwedi and his two aides have been arrested, on Tuesday surrendered in a local court here.
Ravan Garg surrendered before Chief Judicial Magistrate Tripta Chaudhary who remanded him to judicial custody for 14 days, officials said here.
The three other accused -- BSP MLA Dwiwedi and his accomplices Rajendra Shukla and Surendra Neta -- were arrested last week and are in judicial custody.
All the four accused were indicted by the CB-CID in its report submitted with the government after which an FIR was lodged against them and orders were issued for their arrest.
The 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by the MLA and molested by his accomplices on December 10 and 12 last year.
She was later arrested on charges of theft by police and sent to jail.
However, the CB-CID in its report said that theft charges against her were not true after which she was released from the jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH