Fourth accused in Banda rape case surrenders
Banda: The fourth absconding accused in the dalit girl rape case, in which BSP MLA Purshottam Naresh Dwiwedi and his two aides have been arrested, on Tuesday surrendered in a local court here.
Ravan Garg surrendered before Chief Judicial Magistrate Tripta Chaudhary who remanded him to judicial custody for 14 days, officials said here.
The three other accused -- BSP MLA Dwiwedi and his accomplices Rajendra Shukla and Surendra Neta -- were arrested last week and are in judicial custody.
All the four accused were indicted by the CB-CID in its report submitted with the government after which an FIR was lodged against them and orders were issued for their arrest.
The 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by the MLA and molested by his accomplices on December 10 and 12 last year.
She was later arrested on charges of theft by police and sent to jail.
However, the CB-CID in its report said that theft charges against her were not true after which she was released from the jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan