Fourth accused in Banda rape case surrenders
Banda: The fourth absconding accused in the dalit girl rape case, in which BSP MLA Purshottam Naresh Dwiwedi and his two aides have been arrested, on Tuesday surrendered in a local court here.
Ravan Garg surrendered before Chief Judicial Magistrate Tripta Chaudhary who remanded him to judicial custody for 14 days, officials said here.
The three other accused -- BSP MLA Dwiwedi and his accomplices Rajendra Shukla and Surendra Neta -- were arrested last week and are in judicial custody.
All the four accused were indicted by the CB-CID in its report submitted with the government after which an FIR was lodged against them and orders were issued for their arrest.
The 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by the MLA and molested by his accomplices on December 10 and 12 last year.
She was later arrested on charges of theft by police and sent to jail.
However, the CB-CID in its report said that theft charges against her were not true after which she was released from the jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez