Fraud in renovation of Maya bungalow: Shivpal assures action
Balrampur: Stern action will be taken against those found guilty in the "massive" irregularities committed in the renovation works carried out at the former Chief Minister Mayawati`s "lucky" bungalow, Uttar Pradesh PWD minister Shivpal Singh Yadav on Saturday said.
"Evidences of massive irregularities in the renovation works carried out at the residence of former Chief Minister Mayawati have come to the light," Yadav said.
Stern action would be taken against those found guilty as soon as the inquiry report is received, said the minister.
He was here to inspect Kodrai Ghat bridge, lying incomplete for the past 20 years.
Yadav`s RTI query on the issue has revealed that Rs 86 crores of taxpayers` money was spent on the renovation work at Mayawati`s 13 Mall Avenue bungalow, which was allotted to her as the former chief minister.
Few months before the recent UP Assembly elections, Mayawati moved into the house as she considered it as lucky, however, luck turned otherwise and she lost.
The minister assured that construction work on the Kodrai ghat bridge will start in a week and it would be completed in one year.
He said action would be taken against officials responsible for irregularities in the bridge construction and its delay.
Regretting that farmers were facing problems at the wheat purchase centres, Yadav said on complaints the concerned SDMs and mandi secretaries would be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?