Free education, water if voted to power: Mulayam
Barabanki: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday promised to provide free water, education
and medicine to people if his party was voted to power in the
upcoming Uttar Pradesh assembly election.
"If the SP is voted to power in the state, my government
will provide free water, education and medicine to people. We
will also give either jobs or unemployment doles to youths,"
he told a rally here.
After the transfer of state DGP Brij Lal and Principal
Secretary (Home) Kunwar Fateh Bahadur on directions of the
Election Commission, Uttar Pradesh would have a free and fair
poll, Yadav said.
Targeting the Mayawati government, Mulayam alleged it had
curbed all democratic practices and did nothing for the common
"The present government did nothing for the common man,
farmers, youths, students and traders. All of them are a
harried lot during its rule," he said.
Party leader Mohammad Azam Khan told the rally that the
people of the state wanted a change.
"She (Mayawati) has spent people`s money for constructing
parks and statues," he said.
Taking potshots at Team Anna, Khan said democracy would
end if "decisions of Parliament are taken in grounds and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation