Free education, water if voted to power: Mulayam
Barabanki: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday promised to provide free water, education
and medicine to people if his party was voted to power in the
upcoming Uttar Pradesh assembly election.
"If the SP is voted to power in the state, my government
will provide free water, education and medicine to people. We
will also give either jobs or unemployment doles to youths,"
he told a rally here.
After the transfer of state DGP Brij Lal and Principal
Secretary (Home) Kunwar Fateh Bahadur on directions of the
Election Commission, Uttar Pradesh would have a free and fair
poll, Yadav said.
Targeting the Mayawati government, Mulayam alleged it had
curbed all democratic practices and did nothing for the common
"The present government did nothing for the common man,
farmers, youths, students and traders. All of them are a
harried lot during its rule," he said.
Party leader Mohammad Azam Khan told the rally that the
people of the state wanted a change.
"She (Mayawati) has spent people`s money for constructing
parks and statues," he said.
Taking potshots at Team Anna, Khan said democracy would
end if "decisions of Parliament are taken in grounds and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal