Free water scheme in UP did not get publicity: Akhilesh Yadav
Hardoi: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday said his government`s free water scheme for farmers did not attract enough publicity while Delhi government`s decision to provide 700 litres of water free per month became international news.
"Delhi government making 700 litres water free became international news but the news of UP making water to farmers free did not get enough importance," Yadav said, addressing party workers here at government inter-college.
Yadav, whose party had made an election promise of providing free laptops to children, said that Gujarat government cannot distribute in five years as many laptops distributed by his government.
The Chief Minister announced plans to launch 102 ambulance service providing free transport for mothers to and from hospital up to a year after delivery.
On the power front, Yadav said that plans were afoot for providing 18-hour supply in rural and 20-hour supply in cities per day by 2016.
Speaking on the occasion, SP national general secretary Naresh Agarwal alleged that Congress and BJP had a pact in not tabling the Communal Violence Bill in Parliament.
He asked the Congress-led UPA government to bring the bill in Parliament, and assured that SP would extend all help in its passage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state