Freedom fighter Om Prakash passes away
Muzaffarnagar: Freedom fighter Om Prakash passed away following prolonged illness at his native town Gharipukhta in Shamli district.
He was 90.
He passed away yesterday and is survived by four daughters and two sons-- retired Deputy Superintendent of Police Tejpal Singh, Inspector Mahipal Singh.
The mortal remains were consigned to flames with full state honour at Gharipukhta, police said today.
Om Prakash had participated in the freedom struggle after joining the Azad Hind Fauj and served a jail sentence, they said.
In 2010, the Islamic seminary Dar-ul-Uloom Deoband had rejected Omprakash plea for conversion to Islam to marry his 50-year-old domestic help, who is Muslim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan