Freedom fighter Om Prakash passes away
Muzaffarnagar: Freedom fighter Om Prakash passed away following prolonged illness at his native town Gharipukhta in Shamli district.
He was 90.
He passed away yesterday and is survived by four daughters and two sons-- retired Deputy Superintendent of Police Tejpal Singh, Inspector Mahipal Singh.
The mortal remains were consigned to flames with full state honour at Gharipukhta, police said today.
Om Prakash had participated in the freedom struggle after joining the Azad Hind Fauj and served a jail sentence, they said.
In 2010, the Islamic seminary Dar-ul-Uloom Deoband had rejected Omprakash plea for conversion to Islam to marry his 50-year-old domestic help, who is Muslim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!