Freedom fighter Om Prakash passes away
Muzaffarnagar: Freedom fighter Om Prakash passed away following prolonged illness at his native town Gharipukhta in Shamli district.
He was 90.
He passed away yesterday and is survived by four daughters and two sons-- retired Deputy Superintendent of Police Tejpal Singh, Inspector Mahipal Singh.
The mortal remains were consigned to flames with full state honour at Gharipukhta, police said today.
Om Prakash had participated in the freedom struggle after joining the Azad Hind Fauj and served a jail sentence, they said.
In 2010, the Islamic seminary Dar-ul-Uloom Deoband had rejected Omprakash plea for conversion to Islam to marry his 50-year-old domestic help, who is Muslim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir