Freedom fighter Om Prakash passes away
Muzaffarnagar: Freedom fighter Om Prakash passed away following prolonged illness at his native town Gharipukhta in Shamli district.
He was 90.
He passed away yesterday and is survived by four daughters and two sons-- retired Deputy Superintendent of Police Tejpal Singh, Inspector Mahipal Singh.
The mortal remains were consigned to flames with full state honour at Gharipukhta, police said today.
Om Prakash had participated in the freedom struggle after joining the Azad Hind Fauj and served a jail sentence, they said.
In 2010, the Islamic seminary Dar-ul-Uloom Deoband had rejected Omprakash plea for conversion to Islam to marry his 50-year-old domestic help, who is Muslim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' memories strike back!