Freedom fighter Om Prakash passes away
Muzaffarnagar: Freedom fighter Om Prakash passed away following prolonged illness at his native town Gharipukhta in Shamli district.
He was 90.
He passed away yesterday and is survived by four daughters and two sons-- retired Deputy Superintendent of Police Tejpal Singh, Inspector Mahipal Singh.
The mortal remains were consigned to flames with full state honour at Gharipukhta, police said today.
Om Prakash had participated in the freedom struggle after joining the Azad Hind Fauj and served a jail sentence, they said.
In 2010, the Islamic seminary Dar-ul-Uloom Deoband had rejected Omprakash plea for conversion to Islam to marry his 50-year-old domestic help, who is Muslim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred