Fresh moves afoot for Ayodhya issue settlement
Ayodhya: Fresh moves appear to be afoot to
resolve the Ayodhya dispute out of court, three days after the
Allahabad High Court verdict in the case.
Mohammad Hashim Ansari, one of the main litigants in
the title suits, Sunday met Mahant Gyan Das of Hanumanghari who
is also president of Akhil Bhartiya Akhara Parishad to explore
the possibility of an amicable solution.
Though Mahant Gyan Das refused to divulge details,
90-year-old Ansari said: "I have initiated the move after
being asked by the Sunni Central Wakf Board."
During an hour-long closed door meeting between
Gyan Das and Ansari at Hanumanghari, famous Lord Hanuman
temple near the makeshift temple on the disputed site,
discussions revolved around ways to chalk out an agreement on
the 60-year-old temple-mosque dispute.
"Akhil Bhartiya Akhara Parishad will play the role of
a mediator and Gyan Das will talk with Nirmohi Akhara (another
key party in the dispute)," Ansari said, adding that the
Akhara President was ready for this.
"This issue will be decided in Ayodhya itself and time
for an amicable solution has come," he added.
Waqf Board counsel Zafaryab Gilani, however, said he
was not aware of any such move. The Board had said they would
challenge the verdict in the Supreme Court.
Nirmohi Akahara, Vaishnavite sect among the Hindus,
has been given one-third of the disputed site in Ayodhya by
the Allahabad High Court in its majority verdict on Thursday.
The other two-thirds portion has been given equally to
be shared by the Wakf Board and the side representing Ram
Lalla (baby Lord Ram).
The Nirmohi Akhara`s share will include that part
which is shown by the words `Ram Chabutra` and `Sita Rasoi` in
the outer periphery of the site.
Soon after the verdict, Ansari had called for burying
the dispute and making "a fresh start", a view shared by
84-year-old Mahant Bhaskar Das of Nirmohi Akhara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie