Fresh spell of rains expected in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: The Met Office on Thursday forecast fresh spell of rains here for the next two days.
The weatherman attributed the change in weather to Western Disturbances, and also added that heavy rains and snowfall might occur in the neighbouring hill state of Uttarakhand.
Meanwhile the temperature, despite sunny and bright days, continued to be below normal in the state capital mainly due to icy winds sweeping across the state.
The maximum temperature here Wednesday was recorded at 23.2 degrees celsius, two degrees below normal, while the minimum temperature was 7.3 degrees celsius, three notches below normal.
Regional Met director JP Gupta said the chill will persist over the week and some places will witness light showers and thunderstorms.
Western Disturbance is a storm system originating in the Mediterranean Sea which brings sudden winter rain and snow to the northwestern parts of the Indian subcontinent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outline solutions, don't become roadblock to progressive democracy: BJP tells Mamata
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!