Fresh spell of rains expected in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: The Met Office on Thursday forecast fresh spell of rains here for the next two days.
The weatherman attributed the change in weather to Western Disturbances, and also added that heavy rains and snowfall might occur in the neighbouring hill state of Uttarakhand.
Meanwhile the temperature, despite sunny and bright days, continued to be below normal in the state capital mainly due to icy winds sweeping across the state.
The maximum temperature here Wednesday was recorded at 23.2 degrees celsius, two degrees below normal, while the minimum temperature was 7.3 degrees celsius, three notches below normal.
Regional Met director JP Gupta said the chill will persist over the week and some places will witness light showers and thunderstorms.
Western Disturbance is a storm system originating in the Mediterranean Sea which brings sudden winter rain and snow to the northwestern parts of the Indian subcontinent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh