Fresh survey ordered into beneficiaries of `Mahamaya` scheme
Meerut: A fresh survey has been ordered
into the list of beneficiaries of `Mahamaya` scheme launched
in 250 villages of the district.
In the `Maha Maya Gareeb Arthik Madad Yojana` scheme,
thousands of beneficiaries were found to be ineligible, with
many of them being beneficiaries of other schemes.
A fresh verification in 22 district-level offices in
gram panchayats for the scheme has been ordered by Meerut
commissioner Anurag Srivastava and district magistrate
According to the order, a report has also been asked
to be submitted by March 3.
Names of those not eligible during the verification
will be delisted after the survey, District social welfare
officer Manoj Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city