Fresh survey ordered into beneficiaries of `Mahamaya` scheme
Meerut: A fresh survey has been ordered
into the list of beneficiaries of `Mahamaya` scheme launched
in 250 villages of the district.
In the `Maha Maya Gareeb Arthik Madad Yojana` scheme,
thousands of beneficiaries were found to be ineligible, with
many of them being beneficiaries of other schemes.
A fresh verification in 22 district-level offices in
gram panchayats for the scheme has been ordered by Meerut
commissioner Anurag Srivastava and district magistrate
According to the order, a report has also been asked
to be submitted by March 3.
Names of those not eligible during the verification
will be delisted after the survey, District social welfare
officer Manoj Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins