Friends kill 15-year-old boy for dropping catch
Lakhimpur (UP): A game of cricket cost a 15-year-old boy his life after two of his friends allegedly killed him for dropping a catch in Mohammadi area here.
The three friends were playing cricket in a nearby field on Sunday when the victim Simran dropped the catch, police said on Monday. This annoyed his friends and they started taunting Simran.
When Simran opposed, they assaulted him which left him unconscious.
Simran`s family members then rushed him to a local hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Mohammadi Kotwali inspector DP Singh said a case under section 304 of the IPC (punishment for culpable homicide not amounting to murder) has been lodged and investigations have started.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon