Friends kill 15-year-old boy for dropping catch
Lakhimpur (UP): A game of cricket cost a 15-year-old boy his life after two of his friends allegedly killed him for dropping a catch in Mohammadi area here.
The three friends were playing cricket in a nearby field on Sunday when the victim Simran dropped the catch, police said on Monday. This annoyed his friends and they started taunting Simran.
When Simran opposed, they assaulted him which left him unconscious.
Simran`s family members then rushed him to a local hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Mohammadi Kotwali inspector DP Singh said a case under section 304 of the IPC (punishment for culpable homicide not amounting to murder) has been lodged and investigations have started.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY