Friends kill 15-year-old boy for dropping catch
Lakhimpur (UP): A game of cricket cost a 15-year-old boy his life after two of his friends allegedly killed him for dropping a catch in Mohammadi area here.
The three friends were playing cricket in a nearby field on Sunday when the victim Simran dropped the catch, police said on Monday. This annoyed his friends and they started taunting Simran.
When Simran opposed, they assaulted him which left him unconscious.
Simran`s family members then rushed him to a local hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Mohammadi Kotwali inspector DP Singh said a case under section 304 of the IPC (punishment for culpable homicide not amounting to murder) has been lodged and investigations have started.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi