Fulfil commitments made to Muslims: Haj Committee member to SP
Bulandshahr: A member of the Uttar Pradesh Haj Committee on Monday asked the ruling Samajwadi Party to fulfil its promises made to Muslims during the 2012 state Assembly election.
In a letter to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, Noor Mohammad Qureshi said Muslims were eagerly waiting for fulfilment of promises made by the Samajwadi Party to them in the run-up to the Assembly election.
If the promises were not fulfilled, the party might lose their support in 2014 Parliamentary elections, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!