Further hearing on PILs seeking Maya`s prosecution next week
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Tuesday fixed January 18 as the next date of hearing of PILs seeking
prosecution of UP Chief Minister Mayawati and Cabinet minister
Naseemuddin Siddiqui in the Taj Corridor case.
After hearing Mayawati`s lawyer Satish Chandra Mishra
and litigants` counsel Siddharth Luthara, the Lucknow Bench of
the Court listed the matter for further hearing next Tuesday.
Luthara contended before Justice Abdul Mateen and
Justice YK Sangal that the order of the Special CBI court
dropping proceedings against Mayawati in the Taj Corridor case
was worth rejecting.
He said prosecution proceedings should be started
against Mayawati and Siddiqui.
Mayawati`s lawyer Mishra, a senior BSP leader, said
the PILs should be dismissed.
Three PILs were filed by Anupma Singh, Kamlesh Verma
and K Ahmad challenging the order of the CBI court in June
2007 dropping proceedings against Mayawati and Siddiqui.
The PILs have sought prosecution of Mayawati and
Siddiqui for which the then UP Governor TV Rajeshwar had
The PILs said the permission of the Governor was not
required for prosecution of those holding high public offices
in case they were charged with criminal offences like fraud,
cheating and forgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA