G Noida flat owners urge HC to hear their views
New Delhi: Fearing cancellation of land
acquired by development authorities in other parts of Noida
Extension as well, around one lakh flat owners on Sunday demanded
they should be given an opportunity to be heard by the
Allahabad High Court when it takes up various petitions filed
by the farmers.
Earlier this month, the Supreme Court had upheld the
Allahabad High Court`s decision to quash 156 hectares of land
in Sahberi village in Noida Extension, a part of Greater
Noida, acquired from farmers by the local development
Noida Extension Flat-Buyers Welfare Association, formed to
protect the interest of those who have booked flats in entire
Noida Extension, said after Supreme Court`s order farmers from
adjoining villages have also approached Allahabad High Court
through writ petitions challenging the acquisition of their
land as well.
The association pointed out that the total number of
flat-buyers affected in Shahberi was only 6500, but the
people who have booked flats in post-Shahberi cases are about
"The land in other parts of Noida Extension was also
acquired with the same procedure which was followed in
"It is feared that the Allahabad High Court may take the
same grounds and quash the land acquisition in other parts of
Noida Extension as well... bonafide flat-buyers will suffer
huge and irreparable losses on account of any hard decision in
post-Shahbari cases," the association said in a statement.
The flat-buyers must be made a party and they must be
given an opportunity to be heard before a decision is taken,"
the association said.
Last week, real estate developers, including Amrapali
and Supertech, had promised that they would either shift the
buyers affected by the order to other projects or return their
money with interest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city