Gang of five selling fake gold bricks busted
Mathura: A gang of fraudsters who used to dupe people through sale of bogus gold bricks has been busted by a special team here with the arrest of five persons, police said on Tuesday.
"Five persons, including the leader of the `tatlu` gang, have been nabbed. A brass brick, which appears exactly like it’s made of gold, four countrymade pistols, four mobile phones, one Alto car and eight live cartridges were recovered from the gang," said SSP RKS Rathore.
The gang purchased fake gold bricks at Rs 1,000 apiece from Jorehra in Bharatpur and would dupe people by offering to sell it at a bargain when compared to the price of a real gold brick.
And, in case a deal failed, the gang would not hesitate from looting the party, police added.
Police intercepted telephonic conversations between a gang member and a party based in Hyderabad following which a SWAT team led by inspector Rajendra Kumar Nagar nabbed them last night in the Mahaban police station area.
A reward of Rs 5,000 has, meanwhile, been announced for the SWAT team members with SSP Rathore saying that they are now being constituted into an Anti-Tatlu Task which would "deal with matters related to tatlu gangs".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video