Gang of liquor and narcotic smugglers arrested
Lucknow: Five persons, allegedly involved in smuggling of liquor and narcotics, were Monday arrested by a joint team of excise department and police from Civil Lines area of Rampur district, police said here.
The arrests were made on a tip off and 12 boxes (of 12 bottles each) of liquor from Haryana, 2.1 kg charas, a rifle, country-made pistols and a number of cartridges were recovered from their possession, they said.
Those arrested have been identified as Chhatrapal, Sanjiv Kumar, Prince Kumar, Ratan lal and Robin, who during interrogation confessed their involvement in liquor smuggling.
The police is probing their links and prospective buyers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death
- Scorpene leak: Data includes details on missile likely to be used in submarines