Gang of liquor and narcotic smugglers arrested
Lucknow: Five persons, allegedly involved in smuggling of liquor and narcotics, were Monday arrested by a joint team of excise department and police from Civil Lines area of Rampur district, police said here.
The arrests were made on a tip off and 12 boxes (of 12 bottles each) of liquor from Haryana, 2.1 kg charas, a rifle, country-made pistols and a number of cartridges were recovered from their possession, they said.
Those arrested have been identified as Chhatrapal, Sanjiv Kumar, Prince Kumar, Ratan lal and Robin, who during interrogation confessed their involvement in liquor smuggling.
The police is probing their links and prospective buyers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster