Gang of liquor and narcotic smugglers arrested
Lucknow: Five persons, allegedly involved in smuggling of liquor and narcotics, were Monday arrested by a joint team of excise department and police from Civil Lines area of Rampur district, police said here.
The arrests were made on a tip off and 12 boxes (of 12 bottles each) of liquor from Haryana, 2.1 kg charas, a rifle, country-made pistols and a number of cartridges were recovered from their possession, they said.
Those arrested have been identified as Chhatrapal, Sanjiv Kumar, Prince Kumar, Ratan lal and Robin, who during interrogation confessed their involvement in liquor smuggling.
The police is probing their links and prospective buyers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sensex zooms 292 points to regain 28,000-mark, Nifty hits 15-month high
- Lost in translation: The peculiar case of a popular French author
- IND vs WI: 'Man of the match' Ravichandran Ashwin credits skipper Virat Kohli for Antigua ton
- Pak police arrest Qandeel's sister, cousin
- 'Suicides in educational institutions not higher than society'