Gang of liquor and narcotic smugglers arrested
Lucknow: Five persons, allegedly involved in smuggling of liquor and narcotics, were Monday arrested by a joint team of excise department and police from Civil Lines area of Rampur district, police said here.
The arrests were made on a tip off and 12 boxes (of 12 bottles each) of liquor from Haryana, 2.1 kg charas, a rifle, country-made pistols and a number of cartridges were recovered from their possession, they said.
Those arrested have been identified as Chhatrapal, Sanjiv Kumar, Prince Kumar, Ratan lal and Robin, who during interrogation confessed their involvement in liquor smuggling.
The police is probing their links and prospective buyers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!