Gang of liquor and narcotic smugglers arrested
Lucknow: Five persons, allegedly involved in smuggling of liquor and narcotics, were Monday arrested by a joint team of excise department and police from Civil Lines area of Rampur district, police said here.
The arrests were made on a tip off and 12 boxes (of 12 bottles each) of liquor from Haryana, 2.1 kg charas, a rifle, country-made pistols and a number of cartridges were recovered from their possession, they said.
Those arrested have been identified as Chhatrapal, Sanjiv Kumar, Prince Kumar, Ratan lal and Robin, who during interrogation confessed their involvement in liquor smuggling.
The police is probing their links and prospective buyers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE