Gang-rape accused sent to 14 days` judicial custody in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Five of the seven accused, arrested in connection with the gang-rape of a 15-year-old girl, have been remanded to 14 days` judicial custody.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Vishwanath passed an order to the effect last evening with the police still searching for the remaining two accused.
The girl, who was allegedly on January 9 abducted and then gang-raped by seven youths, has been produced in the court where her statement was recorded under Section 164 of the CrPC.
Meanwhile, Deputy Superintendent of Police Sanjive Vajpayee told the reporters here on Saturday that the chargesheet in the case would be filed within a couple of days.
Vajpayee added that the all the necessary evidence had been collected and assured that police were working towards ensuring a quick trial of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP