Gang-rape accused sent to 14 days` judicial custody in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Five of the seven accused, arrested in connection with the gang-rape of a 15-year-old girl, have been remanded to 14 days` judicial custody.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Vishwanath passed an order to the effect last evening with the police still searching for the remaining two accused.
The girl, who was allegedly on January 9 abducted and then gang-raped by seven youths, has been produced in the court where her statement was recorded under Section 164 of the CrPC.
Meanwhile, Deputy Superintendent of Police Sanjive Vajpayee told the reporters here on Saturday that the chargesheet in the case would be filed within a couple of days.
Vajpayee added that the all the necessary evidence had been collected and assured that police were working towards ensuring a quick trial of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice