Gang-rape accused sent to 14 days` judicial custody in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Five of the seven accused, arrested in connection with the gang-rape of a 15-year-old girl, have been remanded to 14 days` judicial custody.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Vishwanath passed an order to the effect last evening with the police still searching for the remaining two accused.
The girl, who was allegedly on January 9 abducted and then gang-raped by seven youths, has been produced in the court where her statement was recorded under Section 164 of the CrPC.
Meanwhile, Deputy Superintendent of Police Sanjive Vajpayee told the reporters here on Saturday that the chargesheet in the case would be filed within a couple of days.
Vajpayee added that the all the necessary evidence had been collected and assured that police were working towards ensuring a quick trial of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video