Gang-rape accused sent to 14 days` judicial custody in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Five of the seven accused, arrested in connection with the gang-rape of a 15-year-old girl, have been remanded to 14 days` judicial custody.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Vishwanath passed an order to the effect last evening with the police still searching for the remaining two accused.
The girl, who was allegedly on January 9 abducted and then gang-raped by seven youths, has been produced in the court where her statement was recorded under Section 164 of the CrPC.
Meanwhile, Deputy Superintendent of Police Sanjive Vajpayee told the reporters here on Saturday that the chargesheet in the case would be filed within a couple of days.
Vajpayee added that the all the necessary evidence had been collected and assured that police were working towards ensuring a quick trial of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'