Gang rape inside police station: HC orders CBI inquiry
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court today
ordered a CBI inquiry into the alleged gang rape of two minor
girls at a police station in Kushinagar district of Uttar
Pradesh by five persons, including four policemen.
A Division Bench comprising Justice Sabhajeet Yadav and
Justice Bala Krishna Narayana passed the order on the writ
petition of Nagina Devi, whose two daughters were allegedly
raped inside the Kubersthan police station of Kushinagar
district on April 19.
The petitioner had accused the then in-charge of the
police station, three constables and a gram pradhan, with whom
her family had a long-standing dispute, of having sexually
assaulted her minor daughters.
Passing the order for CBI probe, the court directed the
agency to complete its investigation and submit its report
within three months.
Earlier, the Superintendent of Police of Kushinagar had
informed the court that all the police personnel named in the
FIR registered in connection with the gang rape have been
placed under suspension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'