Ganga 1 m below danger-mark in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Due to heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh since last few days, river Ganga is rising speedily and is just one metre below the danger-mark at Brij Ghat here, officials said.
Water from Ganga entered the low-level fields along the river, which is now just one metre below the danger-mark (198.34 m) at Brij Ghat, Sub-Divisional Magistrate SD Maurya said, adding that the administration is fully prepared to meet any flood situation.
Over two dozen villages will be effected if the Ganga crosses the danger mark, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today
- Kejriwal, Mamata to attend Mother Teresa's canonization in Rome on Sept 4
- Flood situation worsens in Assam; Uttarakhand experiences intermittent rain
- Katrina Kaif JOKES about her actual thought behind 'Kala Chashma'—READ inside!
- Two women assaulted at Madhya Pradesh railway station for carrying beef