Ganga 1 m below danger-mark in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Due to heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh since last few days, river Ganga is rising speedily and is just one metre below the danger-mark at Brij Ghat here, officials said.
Water from Ganga entered the low-level fields along the river, which is now just one metre below the danger-mark (198.34 m) at Brij Ghat, Sub-Divisional Magistrate SD Maurya said, adding that the administration is fully prepared to meet any flood situation.
Over two dozen villages will be effected if the Ganga crosses the danger mark, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Heatwave grips east, central and peninsular India; many dead in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh due to cyclone, hailstorm
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video