Ganga 1 m below danger-mark in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Due to heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh since last few days, river Ganga is rising speedily and is just one metre below the danger-mark at Brij Ghat here, officials said.
Water from Ganga entered the low-level fields along the river, which is now just one metre below the danger-mark (198.34 m) at Brij Ghat, Sub-Divisional Magistrate SD Maurya said, adding that the administration is fully prepared to meet any flood situation.
Over two dozen villages will be effected if the Ganga crosses the danger mark, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption