Ganga 1 m below danger-mark in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Due to heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh since last few days, river Ganga is rising speedily and is just one metre below the danger-mark at Brij Ghat here, officials said.
Water from Ganga entered the low-level fields along the river, which is now just one metre below the danger-mark (198.34 m) at Brij Ghat, Sub-Divisional Magistrate SD Maurya said, adding that the administration is fully prepared to meet any flood situation.
Over two dozen villages will be effected if the Ganga crosses the danger mark, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Find out which day of the week is dedicated to which Lord!
- Angelique Kerber eyes double delight, aims German Wimbledon & Euros triumph
- Banned Pakistan spin-bowler Danish Kaneria returns home from India
- Seven companies in race to manage EPFO's equity investments in FY17
- BCCI Conclave: DDCA Joint Secretary Vivek Gupta snubbed as he went uninvited!