Ganga canal closed after breach found
Muzaffarnagar: Farming in several districts in Uttar Pradesh was affected after the Ganga canal was closed for three days following a breach near Khatoli.
The canal was closed yesterday to repair a breach that took place recently, district irrigation department officials said.
Bharatiya Kisan Union spokesperson Rakesh Tikait said farming in Meerut, Muzaffarnagar, Bulandshahr, Aligarh and some other districts, which are dependent on the Ganga canal, had been severely affected due to the closure of the canal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative