Ganga canal closed after breach found
Muzaffarnagar: Farming in several districts in Uttar Pradesh was affected after the Ganga canal was closed for three days following a breach near Khatoli.
The canal was closed yesterday to repair a breach that took place recently, district irrigation department officials said.
Bharatiya Kisan Union spokesperson Rakesh Tikait said farming in Meerut, Muzaffarnagar, Bulandshahr, Aligarh and some other districts, which are dependent on the Ganga canal, had been severely affected due to the closure of the canal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal