Ganga canal closed after breach found
Muzaffarnagar: Farming in several districts in Uttar Pradesh was affected after the Ganga canal was closed for three days following a breach near Khatoli.
The canal was closed yesterday to repair a breach that took place recently, district irrigation department officials said.
Bharatiya Kisan Union spokesperson Rakesh Tikait said farming in Meerut, Muzaffarnagar, Bulandshahr, Aligarh and some other districts, which are dependent on the Ganga canal, had been severely affected due to the closure of the canal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred