Ganga canal to be shut for maintenance from Oct 17
Muzaffarnagar: Water supply to parts of
Delhi and some districts of Uttar Pradesh is likely to be
affected following the closure of Ganga canal for maintenance
from October 17.
"The annual repair works will be carried out from October
17 to November 5," Superintending Engineer Kirshan Kumar said
The decision to close the canal for repair work has been
approved by the Uttar Pradesh government and conveyed to the
Irrigation Department, he said.
The Delhi Jal Board and district authorities have been
informed about it, he added.
Almost 19 districts of Uttar Pradesh including Noida,
Muzaffarnagar, Meerut, Bulandshahr, Itawa, Hathras, Firozabad,
Kanpur and Agra will likely be affected in their irrigation
and drinking needs.
Alternative private sources like tubewells and pumping
sets may be used by farmers in the areas to meet their
irrigation needs during the period.
The Ganga canal also supplies water to the Sonia Vihar
water treatment plant in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet