Gangrape victim turns hostile in court in UP
Muzaffarnagar: In a twist to the gangrape case involving a sitting BSP MLA`s son and two other youths, the 17-year-old victim turned hostile in a court here.
Police said the rape victim was produced in a ACJM court on Monday for her statement, after a medical examination. The girl turned hostile and denied that any such incident had taken place.
The FIR, based on the complaint of the victim, was lodged against Naeem, son of BSP MLA Maulana Jameel Ahmad, Nauman, brother-in-law of the MLA and an unidentified person.
According to the FIR, the girl was recently abducted by the trio from Basaira village and was taken to a nearby jungle where they gangraped her.
Police had registered a case against the trio under Sections 376 (rape), 363 (kidnapping) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!